Thursday 7 January 2016

The Return of The Slightly Mad Dad

It’s been a long time between posts but I’ve decided I’m making a comeback. My return to work at the beginning of 2015 saw me let the blog slide away. The demands of a fulltime job, being a husband and father to H meant that time became too scarce for writing my “daddy thoughts” on a regular basis. Writing a blog became something that I would one day want to revisit.

I would love to say the calling of writing regularly helped drag me back into wanting to write this blog. However, I was able to fulfill my enjoyment of writing by having a number of articles on rugby union published on The Roar during 2015.

Many of my work colleagues and the parents in my class last year asked often asked me if I would go back and do it all again as a stay-at-home dad. The answer I gave them was always unequivocally and often overly-emphatically, “Yes.”

So the reason I am back writing is also the reason my comeback to the keyboard has stalled (and I’m still being distracted as I try to write this because someone should be asleep!) has been the arrival of H’s younger brother G.

G arrived in May last year and having a two year old and a babe in arms certainly kept us on the go. Yet when the opportunity to take 2016 “off” from work came about so as I could spend time with both the boys I was always going to jump at the chance.

After a busy Christmas and New Year period today saw also the return of the BWM (Bread Winning Mum – for the uninitiated) as she went off to have a meeting with her boss about her return to work. I figured that if she was going back into her role as the BWM then today would definitely be the chance for a return of The Slightly Mad Dad.


So here it is – the first thoughts of a stay-at-home dad with 2 sons. I look down at G as the waterfall of dribble pours down his front, somewhere I can hear H yelling “What’s her doing?” and I realise that this year is going to be fun and I look forward to sharing our adventures through this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment